Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Has Detailed Data (New)
Profile Bio Text
Edith Gonzalez (full name Edith Gonzalez Fuentes) was born on December 10, 1966 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She is a Mexican actress and model.
Biography and Career :
Edith Gonzalez was born and raised in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; she was born into a middle-class family. Ever since she was a young girl, Edith showed a passion for acting. During a visit to Siempre en Domingo, Edith was chosen among the public to interpret a role together with actor Rafael Baledon. From then on she started a career in acting.
At the age of eight, Edith Gonzalez received a role in 1976, having had almost any teachings and experiences as an actress. In 1976, at the age of ten, after having impressed a number of people in the industry, she was offered a role, which she did accept, to
play Betty in the movie El rey de los gorilas.
After having added only two movies to her acting resume, Edith Gonzalez was offered the role of the quintessential spoiled daughter in telenovela Los ricos tambien lloran. At the age of thirteen, Edith won the respect and admiration of many after having only taken part in a small number of movies and television shows. All throughout the 1970`s and 1980`s, she was kept busy, taking part in numerous telenovelas and movies.
In 1993, when she got the offer to play Monica in Corazon salvaje, a Mexican telenovela, she meant to decline on the offer, but after convincing from her brother, Edith Gonzalez accepted the role. The series was critically acclaimed; it also helped revitalize her career in the 1990s.
The series gained so much press from all the speculations that people made about both Edith Gonzalez and her co-starr; while the series was being filmed, it was rumored that she was dating her co-starr Eduardo Palomo; both denied the rumors, stating that they were only friends.
After she finished filming Corazon salvaje, she became a bit selective of the roles she was offered, having appeared in a small number of series and films in a long period of time. In 1997 she acted in La jaula de oro with Saul Lisazo, and in 1999 Nunca te olvidare with Fernando Colunga. While filming the series, it was speculated that she was dating singer Enrique Iglesias, who sang the music theme for Nunca te olvidare. After having finished filming, she decide to take a short break; subsequent to finishing filming, she went to Paris on a vacation, with intentions to practice ballet and her French. Before returning to Mexico, Edith went to the United States to shoot a cosmetic campaign.
Edith Gonzalez returned to acting, taking part in Salome and Aventurera; she became the first Aventurera, a production lead by Carmen Salinas, where she interpreted a woman who was possessive, seductive, and who enjoys the easy life. She has tried to cross-over to the American-film industry, but has had little success; she believes that she has been turned down in the United States as an actress because her physical properties don’t symbolize those of the quintessential Latin woman.
In 2004, Edith Gonzalez had to stop working in Mujer de Madera because of her pregnancy. That same year, she gave birth to a girl, who she ended up naming Constanza.
In 2005, after a short disappearance from the media, Edith Gonzalez released Venus, a lightly scented perfume made from orchid extract.
- Height : 5`5"/167 cm
- She has a daughter, Constanza (born 17th August 2004)
- She turned down her part as Marisa in Mujer de Madera because she was pregnant.
1. "Mundo de fieras" (2006) TV Series
2. "Mujer de madera" (2004) TV Series .... Marisa Santibanez Villalpando (I) (2004)
3. Senorita Justice (2004) (V)
4. "Amy, la nina de la mochila azul" (2004) TV Series
... aka Amy, the Girl with the Blue Schoolbag (International: English title)
... aka Little Amy (Philippines: English title)
5. "Salome" (2001) TV Series .... Salome/Fernanda
6. "Nunca te olvidare" (1999) TV Series .... Esperanza Gamboa Martel/Isabel Clara Martel viuda de Gamboa
... aka Amor eres esperanza, nunca te olvidare, El (Mexico: complete title)
7. Noches de aventurera, Las (1998) (TV) .... Elena Tejeda/Herself
8. "Jaula de oro, La" (1997) TV Series .... Oriana/Carolina
9. Salon Mexico (1996) .... La jaibita
10. "Sombra del otro, La" (1996) TV Series .... Lorna Madrigal
11. "Mujer, casos de la vida real"
- Un destino anunciado (1996) TV Episode
- Un caso extraño (1995) TV Episode
12. Complices del infierno, Los (1995) .... Sandra
13. "Que apostamos?"
- Episode dated 31 March 1995 (1995) TV Episode
14. "Corazon salvaje" (1993) TV Series .... Monica de Altamira
15. "Videoteatros: Vengan corriendo que les tengo un muerto"
- La heredera (????) TV Episode
16. "Televiteatros" (1993) TV Series
17. Descuartizador, El (1991) .... Dr. Veronica Arizmendi
18. Jugador, El (1991) .... Romy
Full Name at Birth
Edith Gonzalez Fuentes
Lee Strasberg's academy, London, Dance Center of Marais, Paris, University of Sorbone, Sorbone
Costanza (daughter), Lorenzo Lazo (husband)
Edith González (born Edith González Fuentes on December 10, 1964 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico) is a Mexican actress and dancer.
Has Detailed Data (76)
Claim to Fame
Corazon Salvaje, Salome
Couple Profile Source
www.allmovie.com/artist/p139095, www.allmovie.com/artist/edith-gonzales-p392382, www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/edith_gonzalez/, www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/edith_gonzales/
Posted by DOUGLAS J. KIRKHAM over a year ago
Who is the most searched actor and actress on your website?
Posted by jay over a year ago
where can I buy pictures of IMAN?
Posted by Barbara Westleintg over a year ago
I have a daughter-in-law who dearly loves you (as do I). I would to give he...
Posted by elvisdreamer over a year ago
you are so gorgeous. looked fabulous on the fallon show,inthe white dress, ...