Puerto de Guaymas, Sonora
Has Detailed Data (New)
Profile Bio Text
Leticia Calderon was born on July 15, 1968 in Mexico.
Biography and Career :
Since childhood Leticia Calderon`s dream was to become an actress. Today Leticia Calderon is one of the most popular actresses in Mexico. Her role in the telenovela "Esmeralda" (1997) boosted her popularity.
When she is not working she likes to sleep, cook and meet with friends. Her last telenovela - "Laberintos de pasión" (1999).
Leticia Calderon was married and to Marco Lopez but is since divorced. They married when the shooting of "Esmeralda" first began, and then Marco began disturbing her at work. Today Leticia is working on her film. Leticia Calderon is trying to forget the problems in her life and her difficult divorce.
Leticia Calderon says of the four characters that initiated her ca
reer, "Amalia Batista", "Principessa", "Monte Calvario" and "El Camino Secreto", they gave her experience and the opportunity to work with great actors. In "La Indomable", her first telenovela and her first star role, she initiated a new trend in fashion with her hairdo and the head bands she wore. In "Entre la Vida y la Muerte" she discovered beautiful things that are connected to the Mayan culture and which Leticia Calderon love. And in "Yo Compro Esa Mujer", she loved the clothes, the hair, the culture and the opportunity to have experienced life in a period of time that is forever gone.
Most of Leticia Calderon`s characters have been strong, tempermental, the kind that stand and fight for their rights. "Esmeralda" was the weakest character, but that was her charm. The character was innocent and so tender. In the fields she felt free, but the slightest noice would frighten her like a deer. This was the project that open the doors for me internationally.
Leticia Calderon believes that the most important thing in acting is the ability to be someone else, there is an interesting interchange. There`s a lot of Leticia Calderon in her characters, and she get to know herself through them, but Julieta, Maria Fernanda, Maria Cristina... all of them have left something for Leticia Calderon. Besides, they have given her the people`s love.
- Leticia Calderon has two sons, Luciano and Carlo. Her younger son was born in Mexico City, 21st February 2005.
1. "Amor real" (2003) TV Series .... Jana De La Corcuera
... aka Real Love (International: English title)
2. "Cuento de Navidad" (1999) (mini) TV Series .... Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come
3. "Diario de Daniela, El" (1999) TV Series .... Lenore Monroy
4. "Laberintos de pasión" (1999) TV Series .... Julieta Valderrama
5. Angelito mío (1998)
6. "Antorcha encendida, La" (1997) TV Series .... Teresa de Muniz
7. "Esmeralda" (1997) TV Series .... Esmeralda Rosales-Peñarreal
... aka Esmeralda (International: English title)
8. "Mujer, casos de la vida real"
- Holocausto (1994) TV Episode
9. "Prisionera de amor" (1994) TV Series .... Consuelo
10. "Entre la vida y la muerte" (1993) TV Series .... Susana Trejos
11. Noches de ronda (1992) .... Rosita
12. "Valeria y Maximiliano" (1991) TV Series .... Valeria Landero
13. "Yo compro esa mujer" (1990) TV Series .... Ana Cristina
14. "Monte Calvario" (1988) TV Series .... Tere
15. "Casa al final de la calle, La" (1988) TV Series .... Teresa Altamirano Najera
16. "Tal como somos" (1987) TV Series .... Meche
17. "Indomable, La" (1987) TV Series .... María Fernanda
18. "Principessa" (1984) TV Series .... Vicky
19. "Chispita" (1983) TV Series
20. "Amalia Batista" (1983) TV Series .... Leticia
21. "Angel caído, El" (1982) TV Series .... Clara Robles del Castillo
Full Name at Birth
Carmen Leticia Calderón León
Selmer (Dog - shepherd), Jack (Dog - rottweiler)
Leticia Calderón (Carmen Leticia Calderón León on July 15, 1968 in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico) is a Mexican actress.
Page Display = 2 (Legacy)